Professor Luca Rolle is President of the Master course for the M2 in the University of Turin, and has the role of coordinator of the Consortium of the Universities of Torino, Milan, Foggia, Palermo, and Sassari.
Prof. Rolle is author of more than 480 scientific publications, including more than 150 Web of Science/Scopus ranked publications. He is Co-Editor of the Italian Journal of Food Science and Associate Editor of OENO-One scientific journals in addition to serving as member of the editorial board of Molecules (MDPI). He has collaborated as reviewer for international project drafts and for scientific journals in the Food Science field. Furthermore, in 2015 he was awarded of the “Premio Internazionale Territorio & Vino” – Science section by the OICCE (Organizzazione Interprofessionale per la Comunicazione delle Conoscenze in Enologia). Luca directed several scientific projects of international or local relevance as Principal investigator or Unit director .
Research Interests: Prof. Rolle’s research activities focus on current and innovative analytical techniques (spectrophotometry, HPLC, texture analysis, FT-NIR) applied to the study of food and enological products. In addition, he has worked on the organization and management of sensory analysis tests and on the design and direction of processes and pilot plants in the Food Science field.
Luca’s main research fields of the last five years can be summarised below:
– Recovery, protection and valorization of autochthonous grape varieties: phenolic characterization of grapes and wines evaluation;
– Innovative analytical approaches to the evaluation of phenolic content and their extractability in winegrapes: FT-NIR, instrumental mechanical and acoustic properties (grape seeds), sensory evaluation;
– Study of innovative vinification techniques aimed at the improvement of wine quality and safety;
– Physicochemical, mechanical properties, and microbiological studies on grapes during on-vine and off-vine dehydration for the production of sweet, passito, reinforced wines, and icewines;
– Shelf life studies on sparkling wines;
– Studies on the mechanical properties of table grapes;
– Studies on application of ozone and electrolyzed water on winegrapes.
A complete publication list and bibliometric indices can be found at:
International Development: Prof Rolle is the organiser of ‘Macrowine 2020’ International Congress.